Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Brief Interview with " A Player"

Insider interviews with players generally work best when the public knows who the player is that's being interviewed. Unfortunately, when a former head coach of a certain unmentioned NFL team issues a gag order in regard to certain topics and when the new coach doesn't necessarily repeal said gag order it makes it very difficult to make such an interview relevant.

Today, we will do our best. Our friend (who we will call Joey for today's proceedings), who may or may not be on this unspecified team's roster stops by to answer a few questions in a most informal non detailed manner as possible. Joey plays on offense. He sometimes catches the ball. He sometimes blocks. He sometimes even speaks up on behalf of other teammates. We won't be putting names to those teammates in selected portions of our interview.

Joey, how are things my friend?
Things are just great Vincent. I've been on the road with my girl. Las Vegas and LA. Last season is in the rear view if you know what I'm saying. (I'm) hoping to start getting some calls about my services for 2011 real soon. My agent is pushing some buttons as we speak. Or at least he best be.

Speaking of last season being being "in the rear view", what is your take on what occurred with the head coaching position and do you think the "team" is going to be interested in your services in the upcoming season?
You know I can't say a whole lot in regard to Coach but it does seem that some of the dividing problems between some of my boys and some of the other guys has already worked itself out. Things (were) never as "drama" as they talk about in some of the fan forums or on PFT. I honestly haven't spoken to any team about my services. Those guys have (their) own problems to worry about with the potential league issues.

You mention fan forums and PFT. Do you and the guys partake in discussion or just read what the fans have to say.
Ah man, you know - it's hard not to get sucked into those guy(s) stories and (their) perception of how things work in the NFL. I just read for the most part but a few of the boys go with fake names and whatever. They go to bat if you know what I'm saying. ***** (QB) goes to bat with those guys from time to time. They (are) behind a screen so some of those folks don't show the kind of respect they would if they were face to face, you know. We like to comment on PFT about each other if they run a story. Just make **** up you know. Just playing. We all like a certain fan message website for the ****** (unmentioned NFL team), but not run by the team. There's some characters there that use our names and (stuff). If they use our names they normally keep it real. **** (Running back) has a boy with his name that always keeps it real. It's all in good fun though. I enjoy reading my own name regardless.

Speaking of *****(QB) what is your take on the team supposedly parting ways with him?
My man has alot of money due in a few weeks. I think he's gonna get paid. Looks like they have no choice with the league stuff and with no quarterbacks to go around you know.
If the season happens he may just be right there at home. I'm mostly thinking about where I suit up next season at this point.

If (QB) isn't back with the team next season, who goes under center?
Well they always have ****(older QB) but I ain't sure he(s) coming back. My money (is) on Lucky Charms if ****(QB) doesn't come back. They don't need nobody else. Boy (has) an arm.

Lucky Charms? Is that who I think it is? (LOL).
Yeah, that's the name we game him. Don't tell nobody but the boy has serious game. He got some playing time last season but even Coach knew he was thrown to the wolves. He's a special kid and he can throw the ball.

Finally, how do you think ***** (new head coach) is going to do in his first year?
He'll be great. I think it will be an all new attitude with one goal - get that ring. I hope I'm suiting with these boys and not against them. It's going to be something special, this first year. I mean yeah, we all miss **** (old coach) and he's has been getting alot of **** from the fans but they don't really know him either. He(s) a good man. It was just time for a change. .

Yes, I agree.. A long overdue change.
Until next time.
Vin

No comments:

Post a Comment